- Energy + vitality -
I believe strongly in the philosophy of “What you think, you become”. To keep my thoughts on the right path, I try to find happiness in the details of my every day and draw positive energy from that. Here’s how I do it.
Affirmations – Words are powerful. Use them to inspire yourself and your loved ones. These are my favourite words from three incredible women.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
“The thoughts we choose to think are the tools we use to paint the canvas of our lives.” – Louise Hay
“When we fulfil our function, which is to truly love ourselves and share love with others, then true happiness sets in.”
– Gabrielle Burnstein
Books – Read for inspiration. My top three inspirational books are:
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz – simple, yet powerful
- Thrive by Ariana Huffington – redefining success through holistic living
- Between Heaven and Earth by Harriet Beinfield – the first book I ever read about Chinese medicine. It made me comprehend the theories and psychology of Chinese therapy, and I recommend it to any of my clients who want to understand more about how the body readjusts and enhances self healing
Mentors – Look to others for inspiration. I admire:
- Marie Forleo because she is a young woman determined to make a difference in the world
- Oprah. Everybody loves Oprah. I love her passion and devotion to making the world a better place
- Maya Angelou – she is powerful, inspirational and nurturing at the same time
Moving – I love dancing. I’m Latin. Do I need to say more? Everyone in my family was born dancing. It is a way of celebrating and forgetting at the same time You get into the moment and that’s all that exists for the time. It’s a pathway to your own bliss. You can dance anything out.
Music – Like dancing, I love music and I especially love inspirational musicians, like:
- Ricky Martin. There were no Backstreet Boys when I was growing up; there was just Ricky! He was the first ever concert that I went to
- Beyoncé. She is so creative and fierce
- Alicia Keys. I just find her soulful and she is so talented and inspiring. Also, New York is my favourite city in the world and I love that she often sings about it
- Pharrell. Like the name of his hit song, he just makes me so happy! My girls love him and whenever we hear Pharrell come on the radio, all three of us start dancing
- Lionel Richie. He reminds me of my childhood. It was a fun time of celebrations. I used to love him when I was nine and now my kids love him
Food – My family loves delicious, real food. Whether it is at home or eating out, we search for wholesome, tasty food that gives us energy. I love fussing about and playing with recipes to create meals that my family can enjoy. If I don’t have time to source the food I want at a farmers market, I order a farmers market basket online. Making wholesome food for my family is an expression of my love for them and is so, so important to me.
Meditation: This is so important in my life. It is a tool that I use daily to self regulate and connect with myself, reminding me that all is possible.
Post by: Dr. Carolina Gonzalez (TCM)